I was supposed to be working in a school this week and they have postponed till next week so I had a spare day. My students are continuing with their seed heads and teasels theme but I am working on the next idea – I want to do a few weeks using automatic patterns on the sewing machine.
I have almost finished my October Journal Quilt based on the textiles I saw in Tallinn in the summer. I embellished strips of silk on to dyed blanket and then stitched some automatic patterns on the strips.
I pieced the larger strips together using a no10 foot and then embroidered the flowers using Bermilana thread. It looks so bright and colourful.
This week I made some more flowers for the French Quilt Show that I am teaching at in April. These ones are much easier and can be made in 3 hours. They can even be made by hand.
I have also put some stems on the ones I made as samples for the Dutch Show in May.
It wont be long before I have replaced all the flowers that I made and then be stolen a couple of years ago.