Another busy week! It was good to go to Sewing for pleasure and fashion and embroidery at the weekend in Birmingham. I bought a few new stencils and my students had a chance to play with them on Tuesday, today we have been silk painting. It was good to do some silk painting – it is so long since we have had a play with the silk paints. As an example of what can be done using silk paints, i painted the windows of an Indian doorway from the Palace at Jodphur (or was it Udaipur – I cant remember)
I used gutta to stop the colours from running and then added the brown cotton applique over the top.
I think now i just need to add a little more colour on the windows and then trim it and add an edge.
I started on the next Red Journal Quilt this week as well. It is one of the arches at Fatephur Sikri. I have printed the red fabric and now need to do some stitching.
Today i have paid for some of my fabric that will be printed in India – I will explain more when I have more time!
Yesterday we had a bit of a show and tell. Here are some of the sea books that my students have made. I have another finished Indian woman and another piece on the go.
My recent visit to India has given me so much inspiration for new pieces of work. I am trying to get together a collection of work to display at Festival of Quilts. Today I finished my latest Voyage Quilt. I might just lighten the face a little!
These photos show the progress, before and after stitch
It appears that my website is down, and that no one can send me an email. I hope it will work tomorrow